(from the designer:)Note on 2nd Printing
: This will be identical to the original except that any known errata will be corrected.
This expansion set includes the most significant US and British forces that saw action on the Western front in 1944 up until the end of the war in 1945. Also included are the German units that fought against their relentless advances from Normandy, across Italy, breaching the Siegfried Line, and finally pushing in to the German Fatherland. Its playbook includes rules for special units, new optional rules, 10 gripping scenarios, and unit summaries for the US, British and German units.
Ownership of Expansions 1 & 2 is not required to field the German forces, they are all included here. However, this expands on those German units included in the first two expansions, no unit IDs are duplicated. Combine the German units from all three expansions to create customized scenarios on either the Western or Eastern Front.
Its TO&Es booklet includes details for the US, British and German forces covering the period from 1944 through 1945, including the US heavy and light armored divisions, British armoured divisions, in both Western Europe and Italian configurations, and infantry and airborne divisions. German forces include Panzer Lehr, the 101st SS Heavy Tank Battalion (Michael Wittmann commanded its second company), and two independent Panzer Brigades.
Finally, this expansion includes the next 4 double-sided geomorphic mapboards, modeling the terrain found in the close confines of the French boscage country and many other features as the Allied forces push into the heart of Germany. Add these 4 geomorphic mapboards to the 6 geomorphic mapboards from expansions 1 & 2 for added play and many possible battle combinations.
• British Churchill Crocodile
• British 2-pdr Littlejohn Adapter
• British FO tanks
• German Schwimmwagen
New Optional Rules
• Morale Vehicle Bailout
• Road/Path Movement [Expanded]
• Removing of Spot Counters
• Staggered Initiative
• Recon Unit Capabilities [Expanded]
• Airborne Operations – Paratroops & Gliders
• Bocage Country – new rules for hedgerows expanding the possibilities for the West Front.
• Artillery Air Bursts
• Dismounted FOs
• Delayed Reaction
• Vehicle Assault Cover
Scenarios [10 included]
• Chance Encounter: Vehicle only scenario pitting the US VII Corps against the German 7th Army in the twisting network of hedgerows that dominated Normandy, August 1944.
• Higher Ground: Vehicle only scenario of a clash between the British 7th Armoured Division against the German Panzer Lehr Division around Caen, June 1944.
• Operation Tonga: Canadian 1st Parachute Battalion in action on D-Day. Features parachute landings and nighttime limited visibility. A real challenge for both forces with multiple objectives.
• The Village: Historical scenario with dedicated map of the US 4th Armored Division in action at Singling against the 11th Panzer Division, December 1944.
• Hell on Wheels: The US 2nd Armored Division in action against Panzer Lehr, July 1944, in the tight hedgerow country.
• Among the Hedgerows: The US 3rd Armored and 30th Infantry Divisions in action amongst the hedgerows against the 2nd Panzer Division, August 1944.
• Villers-Bocage, Morning: Historical scenario with dedicated maps of the British 7th Armoured Division in action at Villers-Bocage against the 2nd Company, s.SS-Panzer Abteilung 101 under the command of Michael Wittmann, June 1944.
• Villers-Bocage, Afternoon: Historical scenario with dedicated maps of the British 7th Armoured Division in action at Villers-Bocage against Panzer Lehr and the 1st Company, s.SS-Panzer Abteilung 101, June 1944.
• Out of the Mist: The US 4th Armored Division in action against the 11th Panzer Division, September 1944. Features limited visibility with variable effects.
• Glorious Goodwood: The British Guards Armoured Division runs headlong into the German 21st Panzer Division and the 503rd Heavy Tank Battalion with its dreaded Tiger II tanks, July 1944.