Go7 Gaming - MD-002 Trays for Massive Darkness™ Base Game
This tray kit is designed to be used with our MD-001 storage solution for the Massive Darkness™ base game.
The MD-001 solution is designed with a rectangle of unused space at the top where you can store your player dashboards and all class pads (add-ons too). This unused space can be filled in using this tray kit, which will offer additional minis storage space in the base box. However, you will then need to store your player dashboards and class pads in one of the smaller add-on boxes.
What Do You Need?
Massive Darkness™ is a really big game and it has tons of minis. It is unfortunate that CMON did not provide a quality box for many of the Kickstarter extras as this would have allowed us to collapse a full set of the game + expansions into perhaps three boxes. As it stands, if you own add-on content you will need some of the smaller solutions and will need to use the smaller boxes, in addition to the base game box. Our guidance follows:
- If you own just the base game (retail), you should purchase 1x MD-001.
- If you own the base game (Kickstarter including the KS extras), you should purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-003, 1x MD-005, and 1x MD-007 and possibly MD-008. The MD-008 provides etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes in the expansions, including the Kickstarter content.
- Alternatively, if you own the base game (Kickstarter including the KS extras), you can purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-002, 1x MD-003, and 1x MD-007 and possibly MD-008. This alternate approach means you will be storing your class pads and player dashboards in a small add-on box and not in the MD-001.
- If you own everything, you should purchase 1x MD-001, 1x MD-003, 1x MD-004, 1x MD-005, 1x MD-006, 1x MD-007 and possibly the MD-008. If you want to increase the number of enemy minis you can store in your base game box, you can also grab an MD-002, but you will need to store your player dashboards and class pads in one of the smaller add-on boxes. If you have bridges, chests, columns, and doors, you will find spaces to store them across the various inserts.
Note: you can optionally store all of your KS extras in 1x MD-004 + 1x MD-005 + 1x MD-006, instead of 1x MD-007. This solution uses the smaller add-on boxes and the MD-006 will cause ~11mm of lid lift in the smaller Troglodytes, Ratlings, or Elementals add-ons boxes. Further, this solution will require that you store the Nightmare Thing and Overseer minis together. This approach also costs more than just grabbing an MD-007, but it does have the advantage of using all but one of your smaller boxes.
- Beyond the two choices above, consider that the MD-001 solution handles the base game and includes etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes in the base game. The MD-007 handles storage of many of the Kickstarter extras. Our MD-002 offers two additional trays usable in your base game insert. If you use the the MD-002 you will need to store you player dashboards and class pads in one of more smaller add-on boxes. This may cause lid lift in the smaller boxes (Cockatrix, Tusk), if you don't have one of the taller small boxes (Hellphant, Spearmaiden Cyclops).The MD-003insert is usable in either the Sorcerers vs Lord Tusk or Noble Warriors vs The Cockatrix add-on boxes and stores the minis from both of these add-ons. The MD-004 insert is usable in either the Bloodmoon Assassins vs The Hellephant or Warrior Priests vs The Spearmaiden Cyclops boxes and stores the minis from both of these add-ons. The MD-005 insert is usable in either the Elementals, Ratlings, or Troglodytes boxes and is designed to store the minis from Elementals and Troglodytes together in a single box. The MD-006insert is usable only in the Reptisaurians box and is designed to store the minis from Reptisaurians and Ratlings together in a single box. Finally, the MD-008 provides etched name tabs for all heroes and monster classes within the expansions and Kickstarter extras.
Note: if you own everything, you can't just grab 1x MD-001 and 2x MD-007s to store your entire collection. The MD-007 is not deep enough to store many of the larger minis present in the small add-on boxes.
This is a complex offering with a ton of content, so here's a table that may help. As you view this table, keep in mind that you will never need more than one of each model below. Most of the solutions below allow you to collapse two add-ons into one a single box.
- Base + KS Extras #1 - this approach utilizes the MD-002 to provide more minis storage in the base box. This removes the need for the MD-005, but does require that you store your class pads and player dashboards in your remaining small add-on box and there will be some lid lift.
- Base + KS Extras #2 - this approach stores your class pads and player dashboards in your base game box, but requires the addition of the MD-005.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- This product is not officially licensed. All marks are the property of their respective owners.