Go7 Gaming - ASB-004 Insert
This insert is designed to fit inside the versatile Artist Sketch Case available from Hobby Lobby in the U.S. This wooden art case can be carried as a briefcase or satchel and includes an upper swing-out compartment for storage of boards and rulebooks. The case itself is a relative bargain at $25 retail. Best of all, 30-40% off coupons are common so the case can be acquired for as little as $17 + tax.
The ASB-004 has tons of room and is the only insert that has room in the bit lane for two stacked Bit Boxes. This insert is also used in the EXT-003 “Tall Boy” external chest, which contains a ASB-004 as the second level of card storage.
The insert fits into the empty case and the upper storage compartment should be removed from the case since it has such a high profile. You can store boards, small mats, rulebooks, and more right on top of the insert.
This insert features two handle holes for lifting and a center bit lane that can accommodate two bit boxes.
This insert and the case is great for inexpensively storing large volumes of standard sized cards from games such as:
- Star Wars
- and the list goes on…
- This insert measures 100mm high and provides four (4) organizational lanes for vertical card storage and one (1) wider center lane for bit storage. Two of the interior divider walls of this insert are ~6mm (2 x 3mm) so that dividers can be placed side-by-side, allowing for many more dividers in this insert.
- External dimensions: 399mm x 303mm x 95mm high (15.7″ x 11.9 x 3.74″)
- Lane width: 70mm
- There is ~7mm of clearance on top of the insert to store boards, rulebooks, etc. when used with the Artist Sketch Case.
- This insert has 1188mm of card lane storage. It can store ~3960 unsleeved cards or ~2376 Mayday Premium sleeved cards (.50mm per card) or ~2200 Ultra Pro Deck Protector sleeved cards (.54mm per card). Keep in mind each acrylic divider will also use 2.286mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .3mm.
- Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Mayday Euro, Dragon Shield, FFG Standard, FFG Euro, etc.
- This insert uses 3mm/6mm Baltic Birch plywood when you purchase an EXT-003. When purchased separately, the insert is produced from 3mm/6mm HDF.
- Includes fifteen (15) clear acrylic dividers (model EXT-DIV-001). Additional divider packs of type EXT-DIV-001 should be used.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- Artist Sketch Case and games not included! You will need to buy your own…