Go7 Gaming - ASB-003 Insert
This insert is designed to fit inside the versatile Artist Sketch Case available from Hobby Lobby in the U.S. This wooden art case can be carried as a briefcase or satchel and includes an upper swing-out compartment for storage of boards and rulebooks. The case itself is a relative bargain at $25 retail. Best of all, 30-40% off coupons are common so the case can be acquired for as little as $17 + tax.
This insert is handy for storing Dominion kingdom cards, as they require very little space per set of Kingdom cards. If you sleeve your Dominion cards or you use a divider per kingdom set, you will need another case and perhaps an ASB-002 for the overflow. If you use paper dividers printed from BGG, you can fit an entire Dominion card set (with just one set of base cards) in this insert. As you can see below, I prefer to use acrylic dividers, so my overflow is in an ASB-002.
The insert fits into the empty case, but the upper storage compartment should be removed from the case since this case has such a high profile. You can store boards, small mats, rulebooks, and more right on top of the insert.
This insert and the case is great for inexpensively storing large volumes of standard sized cards from games such as:
- Star Wars
- and the list goes on…
- This insert measures 100mm high and provides five (5) organizational lanes for vertical card storage and one (1) smaller lane for bit storage. The interior divider walls of this insert are ~6mm (2 x 3mm) so that dividers can be placed side-by-side, allowing for many more dividers in this insert. As a consequence of using 6mm inner lanes, Bit Boxes will not fit in the narrow bit lane of this insert, which is 29mm wide.
- External dimensions: 399mm x 303mm x 100mm high (15.7″ x 11.9 x 3.74″)
- Lane width: 67mm
- There is ~7mm of clearance on top of the insert to store boards, rulebooks, etc.
- This insert has 1485mm of card lane storage. It can store ~4950 unsleeved cards or ~2970 Mayday Premium sleeved cards (.50mm per card) or ~2750 Ultra Pro Deck Protector sleeved cards (.54mm per card). Keep in mind each acrylic divider will also use 2.286mm of card lane space. The values used for the card thickness estimate = .3mm.
- Recommended sleeves include Ultra Pro Deck Protector, Mayday Premium, Mayday Euro, Dragon Shield (snug, no spare room width-wise), FFG Standard, FFG Euro, etc.
- Image is of prototype using 3mm Baltic Birch. Production insert uses HDF wood product.
- This insert is constructed of HDF (wood product) and is natural colored. HDF does not contain a wood grain as it is a constructed wood product.
- Includes fifteen (15) clear acrylic dividers (model MULT-DIV-001). Additional divider packs of type MULT-DIV-001 should be used.
- Insert assembly requires some wood glue and about 15 minutes of assembly time. I recommend Sobo Craft glue or another comparable quick setting, tacky glue.
- Artist Sketch Case and games not included! You will need to buy your own… Insert depicted in Artist case is not this insert.