|Suggested Age||12 and up|
|Honors||2008 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork/Presentation Nominee|
El Capitán, a game that is based upon Tycoon but with many improvements and upgrades.
The game is now playable with 2-5 players (instead of 2-4); it has 11 new groundbreaking rules, and on top of it all, expansions and a whole new exciting look!
All together we have now the following changes/improvements for the basic game:
- new grouping of the cities on the game board
- new payout table for distribution
- 3 new Distribution Cards
- new rules for the forts
- start money is 20 florins instead of 15
- place up 4 multi travel cards instead of 2
- new rule for the loan cards (not allowed in the first round)
- new start player after a payday (a special start player figure is added)
- building up to 12 (instead of only 9) warehouses in a city
- limitation of warehouses in series (limited to 3 now)
- a rule for the first warehouse in a city
Also included is the first expansion "Portuguese Powers" with some extra city boards and strategy!!
There are now special rules for 2 or 3 players (extra renovation fields) and a special rule for 2 players (payday and additional warehouses).
The game was published in October 2007 by QWG Games in the Benelux, by Pro Ludo in Germany, by Ystari Games in France, and by Z-Man Games in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and Ireland.