Duel: Once Upon a Game in the West
|Suggested Age||8 and up|
You're in the Wild West, a ruthless place where only the toughest survive and get rewards. Will you be the fastest in the duel? Will you play the right weapons at the right time? Each round you want to take down your opponents and be the only one left standing.
Each player in Duel: Once Upon a Game in the West starts with a hand of six cards: 3 pistols, 1 rifle, 1 barricade, and 1 reloading. Each player also starts with a heart card on the table in front of them, showing their current state of being alive. Each shootout proceeds as follows:
- Each player chooses one card in hand and places it face down in front of them.
- Each player raises one hand, then (on the command of the current dueling master) points their gun hand at an opponent.
- Each player reveals their card, then they see what happens:
• If you fired at someone with a gun (whether pistol or rifle), any shots aimed at you miss because you were moving when you fired.
• If you fired at someone with a pistol and they are behind a barricade, nothing happens as the barricade stops your shot.
• If you fired at someone with a rifle and they are behind a barricade, the rifle penetrates the barricade and they're hit; they flip their heart card to show a grave marker, indicating that they're out for the rest of the duel.
• If you were behind a barricade, then you're hit or not hit depending on the weapon(s) fired at you.
• If you were reloading and someone fired at you, then you're hit; flip your heart card to show a grave marker as you're out for the remainder of the duel.
• If you were reloading and no one fired at you, take all of your previously played cards back into your hand.
If more than one player still has a heart showing, place the previously played cards aside and start a new shootout as described above. If only one player has a heart, then this player earns $1; after this, everyone takes all their cards in hand and begins a new round of shootouts.
As soon as one player has $5, the game ends and this player wins.